East Hartford, CT
Responsible for fulfilling customer orders and receiving shipments in a timely fashion. This includes pulling, palletizing, staging products and preparing documents for order. Placing orders for accessories, maintaining a clean work station and following safety procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all orders assigned while maintaining a high level of product quality.
- Perform assembly and packaging duties in accordance with written product specifications and company SOP’s.
- Responsible for proper documentation on Bill of Ladings and other shipments.
- Responsible for contacting and arranging pick up times with freight carriers.
- Responsible for following proper shutdown procedures at end of day.
- Closing of order in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for maintaining stock of accessories and shipping materials.
- Receiving purchased material, verify vs. PO, and inspect for damage
- Loading trucks to ensure minimal damage during transit.
- Provide customer service for contractors/freight carriers.
- Responsible for daily shutdown and locking doors.
- Available to work extended hours when required.
- Follow all established company policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Yellow Belt in Lean Six Sigma
- Minimum of 3 years shipping/receiving experience
- Minimum of 3 years forklift certification
- Experience working in a fast paced industrial warehouse environment
- DOT Hazmat certified
- Must possess good mathematical skills
- Must possess good basic computer skills
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
MUST HAVE FORKLIFT EXPERIENCE