Springfield, MA 01109
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install hardware on new and existing equipment
- Order and repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components and parts
- Program controllers, design program to suit business needs
- Modify and upgrade existing circuits
- Troubleshoot, repair, rebuild and upgrade mechanical systems
- Operate, test, and maintain unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electro-mechanical equipment.
- Independently complete predictive and preventative maintenance on machines as scheduled
- Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System (C.M.M.S.) to report and record equipment-related actions
- Complete repair work in a timely manner based on manufacturers and programming guidelines
- Works towards improvements for process efficiencies
- Work in a safe manner following all PPE and standardized processes
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to comprehend computer, electrical and mechanical systems used in a manufacturing environment
- Align, fit, and assemble component parts, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates, and microscopes.
- Strong Knowledge in machine automation including robotics, PLC’s, drives, motor controls, sensing components, vision systems, printers, scanners, label machines, pin stamping, dispensing controls, etc.
- Strong Ability to communicate via laptop with machine control programs, PLC’s, VFD’s, panel views, vision systems, printers, scanners, label machines, dispensing controls, etc.
- Repair, rework, and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances.
- Highly skilled to troubleshoot electrical system with minimum or no documentation.
- Ability to learn, operate and troubleshoot necessary equipment and perform work required in a time efficient manner
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, and fixtures.
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.