Suffield, CT 06078
- Safely operate a variety of pieces of manufacturing equipment, including start-up/shut down.
- Perform quality checks on sharpened parts using hand tools, gauges, scales, microscopes and computerized equipment.
- Identify cosmetic and major defects in parts.
- Make adjustments on machine specific software.
- Change machine parts to accommodate different part sizes and dimensions.
- Pack products according to procedure when necessary.
- Follow all instructions in work orders and quality database
- Enter job information (part counts, completion of task) correctly into manufacturing software.
- High school graduate or equivalent education/training preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience is helpful but not required
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting ability
- Basic mathematical skills, such as the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Blueprint Reading experience
- Basic computer/data entry skills