Human Resources Specialist
The HR Specialist supports the HR Manager and HR Generalists within the company. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing customer service to Team Members in areas of payroll, time and attendance, benefits, safety, company policies, local policies, and training. Responsible for HR administration activities including data entry, maintenance of personnel/medical files, and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) log.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensures all Team Members are entered and processed correctly in the time-keeping system. Responsible for processing payroll. Ensures increases are processed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Maintains Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) with all Team Member personnel transactions.
- Assists the HR Generalist responsible for new Team Member orientation. Conducts benefits review with Team Members. Ensures all enrollment information is relayed. Assists with Open Enrollment.
- Designs and produces monthly and quarterly updates and newsletters; such as HR Update and.
- Assists the HR Generalist in placing recruitment postings for nonexempt positions.
- Responsible for worker’s compensation processing for employees; including submission of initial claim, data entry into the worker’s compensation system and notification to the carrier of the Team Member’s medical status and/or return to work.
- Processes all Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Leave of Absence documents for approval process.
Qualifications & Interests
- At least 2 years experience with Kronos Payroll Systems.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 30 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents, 10-key numeric pad).
- At least 2 years experience planning, developing and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
Hours are 6:30 am to 2:30 pm