Hardware Technical Support I
Glastonbury, CT 06033
Provide excellent phone support to customers who have questions/issues about our software, assist our sales team with questions from potential customers and to help internal employees with IT-related needs as necessary. Experience with IIS and SQL Server is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Provide first contact for incoming customer calls.
- Answer & log incoming customer calls to avoid calls going to Level Two or VMail.
- Develop working knowledge of phone system & call tracking software.
- Provide accurate, prompt & courteous response to customer inquiries.
- Attending company provided training sessions.
- Reviewing various training material as available (Manuals, on-line tutorial, bulletins, working in Sample data, etc.)
- Completing self-paced, PC based training material.
- Measurement: Knowledge level will be gauged by the successful completion of PC based & "hands-on" tests administered by either the appropriate Support Lead or the Training Coordinator.
- Target resolution of 85% of calls on first contact with customer.
- Develop working knowledge of E2 software as detailed in the CSR Knowledge Requirement Summary by:
- Call customers back within one hour that had to leave message in VMail per documented call flow procedures.
- Successfully close 10 to 30 calls per day.
- Maintain 30-45 minute time limit whenever possible
- Attend periodic customer support training sessions pertaining to areas such as phone etiquette, troubleshooting skills, etc.
- Forward calls that require in-depth analysis to Level Two Analysts.
- Escalate calls requiring data or other in-depth analysis for review to Level Two to avoid delays in call resolution.
- Calls not resolved on first contact should be forwarded to Level Two if not resolved within 2 business hours.
- Forward requests for Custom Specials Custom Dev Coordinator.
- Be familiar with procedures dealing with custom specials.
- Gather & forward information for special reports and EXEs.
- Request marked-up email/fax.
- Provide prompt and courteous responses to the sales team and/or directly to a prospective customer.
- Provide prompt & courteous responses to employees with IT-related needs.